12 ¶ Then the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
13 “When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people,
14 “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
God started with us by showing us the reasons why the issue of divine restoration is critical.
No man is infallible. We are all men subject to fumbling and stumbling. On the first day, God showed us that it is a curse for a man to undertake the journey of life without the presence of God. Then we were crying that His presence will go with us. Yesterday, the Lord showed us those things that predispose people to fall.
We saw David who took his weakness for grated, overestimated the power of his success and downplayed the dynamics of sin. We ended up crying to God to deliver us from our flesh. We saw that the toughest battle in every man’s life is the battle over himself.
Today, the Lord will take us to the journey of divine restoration. Those who desire to be restored by God must position themselves for that restoration.
Looking at verse 14 of our text, some matters are critical for a man who desire restoration:
- He must humble himself.
Humility and contrition are not negotiable for forgiveness and restoration.
18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-These, O God, You will not despise.
15 For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
13 So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the LORD your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm.
Beloved, no matter how terribly or messy your situation is, God is interested; only for you not to harden your heart, only for you not to reject His hands that are stretched out to you.
18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy.
19 He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins Into the depths of the sea.
13 ¶ He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
- He must seek the Lord is serious prayer
The door of the throne room of God is always opened to genuine seekers; those who desire to seek Him in sincerity are always welcome by Him. The devil will love to do everything but pray. The devil will use all he has and all means he knows to stop you from seeking the Lord. He understands the dynamic power in seeking God. Once you begin to seek God, his control over your life is endangered.
6 ¶ Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
14 I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.
- He must turn from his wicked ways
It is laughable for you to think that you can obtain divine restoration when you are not ready to turn from your evil ways. When you are not yet tired of your sins, there is no need seeking God. God cannot be mocked; you cannot dwell in sin and desire divine restoration.
1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
8 ¶ The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, But the prayer of the upright is His delight.
The reasons why men tarry long in their falling state; the reasons why men die in their fallen state include:
- They live in the denial of the reality of their problem. Men are not always ready to face the fact that they have problem.
- They are too arrogant to say that they are wrong.
- They are too stubborn to change and start all over again
- They are always more concerned with people not seeing their rottenness than for them to get healing and deliverance from God.
- The devil will keep threatening them showing them what they will lose by turning from their evil ways; he will blind their eyes to those things they will gain by their restoration.
The ball is in your court. If you want real and total restoration, open up your case before the Lord and make a U-turn from a life of sin. He is ready to receive you.
Today’s Wisdom Nugget
A man who seeks to be much with men will hardly be much with God.
Today’s Prayer Points
- Praise God for peace in your nation and all around you
- Appreciate God for good health within and without and for all the people around your life
- Father, I confess all my sins before you. Forgive me and cleanse me with the blood of Jesus in Jesus name.
- Father, establish Your Kingdom in my life with power; let the rule of sin in my life ends permanently today in Jesus name.
- Father, make me strong in my inner man from today in Jesus name.
- Every agent of failure in and around my life, perish today in Jesus name.
- Father, destroy the power of failure and retrogression in my life today in Jesus name.
- Father, connect me today with my destiny helpers in Jesus name.
- Father, touch my body today with your great touch and let your peace reign within my system in Jesus name.
- i free myself today from the curse of backwardness in Jesus name.
Intercede for the unbelievers in your family; that they may see the light of the gospel
Pray for peace in Israel; that the plan of the enemies over His inheritance will fail.