28 ¶ Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
The greatest event the world has been waiting for since Jesus went back to heaven after His resurrection is the second coming of Christ.
While the Jews are expecting their Messiah, the Moslem cannot deny that Jesus is coming back and the church is awaiting the second advent of her Saviour. The second coming of Christ, like His first advent, is a prophetic event; it has been foretold thousands of years ago. If the prophesies relating His first advent came to pass, surely those regarding His second coming will come to pass.
That Jesus Christ is coming back is as certain as the word of God and as undeniable as the God of the word Himself. (Acts 1:10-11; Joh 14:3; 1Thes 4:16)
The fact of His second coming placed a serious responsibility on the shoulders of those who profess faith in Jesus Chris. The responsibility is to faithfully wait for it while keeping their garment unspotted. (1Joh 3:1-3;)
To be faithful is to show true and constant loyalty to a person or a course. To faithfully wait for the coming of Christ is to remain true and walk in absolute loyalty to Christ and His course. That is what is expected of every believer who desire to reign with Him.
Let us look at this subject under these three subheadings:
- The Facts of His Coming
The word of God which is the authority of all believers is clear on the facts relating to His coming:
- Jesus Himself said He is coming back (Joh 14:1-3, 18 & 28)
- Angels of God confirmed it (Acts 1:10-11)
- The Apostles affirm it (1Thes 4:16-17; Heb 9:28; 1Joh 3:2-3)
- The day and time is unknown to any man (Mat 24:36; Acts 1:7; 1Thes 5:1-4)
- The Purpose of His Coming
- To harvest the saints to Himself (Joh 14:3; 1Thes 4:17)
- To judge the world (Jud 1:14-15; Mat 25:31-32)
- To reward the saints (Mat 16:27; 2Cor 5:10)
- The Responsibility of Believers in the Light of His Coming
The most important responsibility of all saints is to patiently wait for His return while keeping their garment pure before Him.
The parable of the ten virgin gives us a serious warning against carelessness and unnecessary distractions in the light of His return (Mat 25:1-13)
We must note the followings:
- Christ is coming for the unspotted and undefiled saints (Eph 5:27; Col 1:22)
- Those who desire to go with Him must watch and pray (Mat 24:42-43; Luk 21:36)
- Those who will make it must eagerly wait for His coming (1Cor 1:7; Phi 3:20)
Christ is coming for those who are ready for Him; those who are not entangled with the things of this life and those who have not soiled their garments in sin and worldliness.
It is only the faithful who will not weep at the return of Christ.
Those who commit themselves to faithful waiting and careful watching; those who keep themselves from being polluted are the one who we rejoice at His coming.
All the signs relating to His return are here as predicted in the scriptures. We must wake up now and be ready.
Christ is coming; are you ready to receive Him?
Today’s Wisdom Nugget
The real value of a man is determined by the value he places on eternity. Whatever you own today shall become another man’s one day!
Today’s Prayer Points
- Praise the Lord for the salvation of your soul if you are saved. If not, ask Jesus to come into your life
- Praise God for the gift of life, good health and sound mind
- Holy Spirit remove from me every spot and wrinkle of sin in Jesus name
- Father, keep my focus on your coming always in Jesus name
- Father, help me to watch and keep myself ready always for your coming in Jesus name
- Every property of Hell in my life, catch fire now and be consumed totally in Jesus name
- Father, let your grace make a way for my life where there seems to be no way in Jesus name
- Angel of my help, appear and help my life now in Jesus name
- Hands of the Lord, open towards me today to supply all my needs in Jesus name
- Arrows of the wicked aimed at my life and or my family, perish by fire today in Jesus name.
Intercede for the salvation of all unbelievers around you
Pray for the children of ministers that you know
Share this message and invite others to visit our website
It is well with you.