9 But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, 14 saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” 15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. 19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Every man has a choice in life on what to believe. Nobody has the right to force you to believe anything. God your maker does not force Himself on you; He gives you the right of choice. You are made with absolute right to choose what and who you will believe. God will not force you to believe Him. what He does is to set His plans before you and make His ways clear. You may then chose to walk with Him or not. For example look at what happen in the book of Joshua 24:14-15
14 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
My assignment here is simple. I am here to counsel you not to believe the devil. Whatever you hear from the devil is a lie; you can never hear the truth from the mouth of the devil. Even when the devil quote from the word of God, as soon as it is coming from him, it has lost its status it is no longer the truth.
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
When the devil quoted a scripture to Jesus while tempting Him, he was saying a lie
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you, ‘and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.'” 7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'”
The only person that can never lie is God. That is who you should believe. Whatever He says to you is final. His words are yea and amen.
Look at this:
- God has no reason whatsoever to boast, brag or speak to impress man. Whenever He speaks, He mean it and He will do it.Num23:19“God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
- Time and events do not overtake or invalidate the words spoken by God. it is never late when it comes to the words of His mouth. Even when you have forgotten what He said, He never forgets anything that proceeds out of His mouth.Isa 55:11 “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it”.
- The performance of God’s word does not depend on man’s ability to believe them; it depends on His truthfulness and faithfulness and the immutability of His counsel. 2 Tim 2:13“If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself”.
- Unlike man, God’s promises are not to reciprocate any act of goodness or holiness of man but He speaks out of love and His commitment to man who He made in His image. Isa 64:6¶ But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousness are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.
- Your sins may temporarily separate you from Him and the fulfillment of His promises, they do not altogether cancel what He has said. 2Chr 7:14“if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Look at some of the lies that the devil will like to force down your throat. Please, you have all the rights to refuse these lies:
- That since it has not happen for a long time now, it will never happen. But God says: Hab 2:3For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.
- Your delay is an indication that God has forgotten you. but the word says: Isa 49:15-16“Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. 16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.
- That because you are alone, you are lonely and you will remain so. The word says: Isa 62:4You shall no longer be termed Forsaken, Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate; But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; For the LORD delights in you, And your land shall be married. ( Hephzibah means delight while Beulah means dominion)
- That your challenges have made you the worst person or a person among the worst people on earth. The word says: Job 23: 10But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
- That you have nothing for all your years of serving God and remaining faithful to Him. Heb 6:10For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
No man has any right to look down on you; but you have the right. What you call yourself is what you are. If you carry your problem on your head, you will melt under its weight of it.
The fact that some people marry at the age of 19 and had all their children before they were 25 does not make them better than you. You are who you call yourself. Look into the word and discover what God says about you, what God calls you and hold on to that. God can never lie; others can do and often do.
If you are yet to have a serious commitment to this God, although He has plans for you, these plans are under suspension until you make up your mind to position yourself for these plans by giving yourself to Him. If you are ready to do it today, God is ready for you.
Today’s Wisdom Nugget
If God did not say it, it might be a fact, it is not the truth.
Today’s Prayer Points
- Appreciate God for the salvation of your soul
- Praise God for giving you sound health
- I command the yokes of falsehood to break in my life in Jesus name
- Everything not spoken by the mouth of the Lord, you shall not stand in my life in Jesus name
- The words of man shall not prevail over my destiny in Jesus name
- I reject all negative verdicts over my case in Jesus name
- My heaven shall open for abundant of rain from today in Jesus name
- Every arrow of fear, fly out of my life today in Jesus name
- My life shall no longer respond to the threats of the enemy in Jesus name
- I overcome all evil plans of the wicked against my life to day by the blood of Jesus in Jesus name
Pray for your nation and her leaders
Pray for Peace in our world